Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And Don't Forget God!

We were recently at a friend's house for a homeschooling playgroup. Our children are all varied in ages from 2 years through 7 years old. All of us are spiritual mommas, and have a deep love for God, though our specific ideas of God may vary.

As the group was coming to an end, we staying late to eat lunch with the host family. We two mommas were making peanut butter and honey sandwiches for our kiddos. Then the other mom when to tidy up a bit, in the other room, as I finished in the kitchen, as she was getting ready for a birthday party for her eldest daughter. We had hurried through lunch, sort of by accident, since everyone was so hungry, that we had forgotten to pray before eating. (I still wasn't noticing this at this point.) I called out to my friend B. "Thank you so much B. for providing food for us for our lunch. I really appreciate it!" (I'm still forgetting God here....but my daughter isn't.) My daughter (The not quite 4 and a half year old) calls out, "And don't forget God!". Oh my! "Yes!" us moms call out together. "Let's not forget God. Thank you God for providing us with food." Amen daughter! Thank you!

I am so grateful that though I do my best to bring God into our daily activities, I forget something. But my daughter gets it, and wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment